Laundry Stripping, who knew! Honestly I have heard about it for so long and not sure why it took me so long to try! I am hooked – let me show you how to do it and what you will need! I have the instructions to print at the bottom too!
Are you ready to see what all comes out from your CLEAN laundry? Let’s start laundry stripping! This can be done on colored or white clothes. I would make sure to separate as usual.
What Supplies are Needed?
How to do Laundry Stripping :
- Fill ⅔ of a large tub with warm water.
* I see some use hot water but this is how I did it.
- You will then add ½ cup of Borax for every gallon of water and allow to completely dissolve in the water.
- After that add ½ cup of washing soda for every gallon of water.
- Then add ¾ cup of laundry detergent for every gallon of water.
- Next add your laundry.
- You will let your laundry to soak for 5 – 6 hours, stirring every hour.
This is after one hour of laundry stripping! So crazy!
I didn’t think it would look worse, this is 2 hours of laundry stripping. I can’t wait to see what it looks like over night!
Here it is after sitting overnight! Remember this was CLEAN towels! I am in shock!! I can’t imagine doing this on sheets or gym clothes – you know what I will be doing next!!!
What do you want to try laundry stripping on?? If you try it make sure to tag me on Instagram HERE!
To shop the supplies:
Tap on each image!
Print it :
- Washing Soda
1. First fill ⅔ of a large tub/sink with warm water.
2. Then you will add ½ cup of Borax for every gallon of water and allow to completely dissolve in the water.
3. Next add ½ cup of washing soda for every gallon of water.
4. You will then add ¾ cup of laundry detergent for every gallon of water.
5. Add your laundry to the tub/sink.
6. Make sure to let your laundry to soak for 5 - 6 hours, stirring every hour.
7. Remove laundry from the tub/sink then add to a washing machine. Wash as usual.