Welcome friend! I'm so glad you have joined me here at Dreaming of Homemaking. I like to think of this blog as my journal, full of ideas that have helped me turn my house into a warm, welcoming home. My hope is that you too find this little piece of the internet a place to gather ideas and find inspiration.
Laundry Stripping, who knew! Honestly I have heard about it for so long and not sure why it took me so long to try! I am hooked – let me show you how to do it and what you will need! I have the instructions to print at the bottom too!
Are you ready to see what all comes out from your CLEAN laundry? Let’s start laundry stripping! This can be done on colored or white clothes. I would make sure to separate as usual.
This is after one hour of laundry stripping! So crazy!
I didn’t think it would look worse, this is 2 hours of laundry stripping. I can’t wait to see what it looks like over night!
Here it is after sitting overnight! Remember this was CLEAN towels! I am in shock!! I can’t imagine doing this on sheets or gym clothes – you know what I will be doing next!!!
What do you want to try laundry stripping on?? If you try it make sure to tag me on Instagram HERE!
Tap on each image!
1. First fill ⅔ of a large tub/sink with warm water.
2. Then you will add ½ cup of Borax for every gallon of water and allow to completely dissolve in the water.
3. Next add ½ cup of washing soda for every gallon of water.
4. You will then add ¾ cup of laundry detergent for every gallon of water.
5. Add your laundry to the tub/sink.
6. Make sure to let your laundry to soak for 5 - 6 hours, stirring every hour.
7. Remove laundry from the tub/sink then add to a washing machine. Wash as usual.