Easy Summer Styling with Beautiful Flowers

I am so excited for you to check out the Easy Summer Styling Blog Tour that my friend Kelly The Tattered Pew  put together! It is such a great group of bloggers with so much inspiration! Make sure to check out all the links to everyones blogs at the bottom of my post. If you are here visiting from Carissa’s blog Bless this Nest Welcome! I hope you enjoy this little tour into my kitchen, while I have so many other spaces I would love to show, make sure to check out other upcoming posts that will be filled with tours and DIYs!

With it being summer, we have been working on getting our projects inside all finished up so we can enjoy the outdoors and spend as much time together! I really needed a clean and crisp kitchen, and while doing that the easiest thing for any room is to add some flowers! The flowers don’t need to be bold and bright to make a statement  – really any kind will do!

I loved these flowers I picked up from Trader Joes, I used 3 different small bouquets and it made such a great full one! ( Can I tell you over a week later and they are still going strong!)  I love the pop of color the sunflower made without being to over powering for my clean white space it was a perfect added touch! Hydrangeas have become a favorite of mine ( once I finally figured out how to not make the wilt instantly!)

Here are some of the tips I found :

1. Add sugar to room temperature water.
  2. Add soap to room temperature water in the vase.
  3. Remove the leaves.
  4. You can recut the ends, then place in boiling water then place in fresh water.

I can’t get enough of this view, while I adore every angle of my kitchen – the dutch door is a dream but this is the biggest transformation and I still pinch myself daily that its mine! This hood that James built for me really changed the space so much, and that DIY is coming up next!

Here is my other favorite view, the Dutch Door! This is the third color ( Sherwin Williams Dove Tail) and its so fitting for our space.

Here you will see one of my kids favorite summer items, lemonade! They can’t wait to do a little lemonade stand soon ( even though I will prob spend more time and money doing it with them than they can make).

Can you even pick a favorite between these spaces?? I really need to do a before and after post on my whole house, I will add it to the list!

I hope you enjoyed seeing how something so simple as flowers can transform a space. I love having fresh flowers, but faux flowers you will find inside and out here even though you probably can’t tell! What is your favorite way to spruce up a space?

Thank you so much for joining me on this blog hop, next up is Kelly at City Girl Meets Farm Boy. Kelly’s page is filled with so much inspiration and she is the sweetest too! Oh and don’t forget to  check out these other wonderful feeds below!

1. Becca says:

Sarah, it’s no secret that I absolutely love your kitchen! And, with it dressed for the season, it’s now over the top! The fresh flowers paired with the lemonade just screams Summer in the most perfect way! Your dutch door looks gorgeous with its new shade of Dove Tail and, no, I can’t pick just one favorite view! I’d love to see lots of before and after pictures. Thank you for sharing … love being on this blog hop with you!

2. Sarah,
    Your kitchen is so bright and beautiful my friend! Your flowers, lemonade and all the special touches are so perfect for summer styling. And your Dutch door is definitely dreamy! It’s a joy to join alongside you on this tour!
    Xoxo-Brendt

3. Sarah says:

These are absolutely stunning! I’d never heard of the boiling water trick so I’m going to have to try that with all my hydrangeas! Your kitchens is one of my faves, Sarah, and I’m so happy to hop with you!

4. Karan Barton says:

What a beautiful home! Love that ditch door, it also anfav of mine!! Your range hood is gorgeous as well. I’m all about flowers in the summer as well!
    Loved your tour.
    Karan

5. Kelly says:

I love how simple yet stunning this space is! I want to be your neighbor! You inspire me on so many levels. Hope your day is wonderful!

6. Lindsay says:

I love the dutch door color! The flowers are the perfect Summer touch! I always love seeing how you style your kitchen! Love doing this tour with you XO!

7. Kelly says:

Sarah you have my dream kitchen! I love your newly painted door! The contrast it adds is just amazing! I love all of your fresh flowers and will be pinning for inspiration!!!

8. Sarah,
    Wow, what a stunning kitchen and fresh new look for summer! Jodie and I love the pops of yellow with the flowers and how beautifully this contrasts with the elegant simplicity of your kitchen! So excited to be on this hop with you sweet friend!
    Lots of love,
    Jodie & Julie

9. Laura says:

What a beautiful kitchen! I love the dutch door color. Fresh flowers brighten every space and your kitchen is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing your beautiful home!

10. Amanda says:

Sarah,
    Holy moly! Your kitchen is mag worthy my friend! That door, that hood…every single other detail lol there’s no way I could choose a favorite angle! I love that your decor doesn’t take away from the kitchen and all it’s lovely details but simply enhances them! Beyond excited to have gotten to do this blog tour with you! Now I need to run and get some sunflowers! XO – Amanda

11. I just adore your beautiful kitchen and the flowers definitely make it feel fresh and summery! Thanks for the tips and the inspiration! Honored and humbled to be on this tour with you!

12. Jenna says:

Sarah, I love the pops of color against the neutral kitchen! Your photography is stunning, your images are so crisp and clear and your kitchen is just dreamy!